About 1 hour from our house in Muscat is the village and coastal stretch of Sifa. This area boasts a beautiful, sandy beach surrounded by craggy mountain scenery. Accessible by 4-wheel drive, it is remote and peaceful. Since our arrival several months ago, we have been there several times and I see many more visits in the future. The kids love the soft sand beach and dunes. We love that they can run, play, and meander freely. And, as the above video hopefully expresses - with the right assortment of Arabic foods, we have found the perfect place to picnic and spend a lazy afternoon.
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Sifa
About 1 hour from our house in Muscat is the village and coastal stretch of Sifa. This area boasts a beautiful, sandy beach surrounded by craggy mountain scenery. Accessible by 4-wheel drive, it is remote and peaceful. Since our arrival several months ago, we have been there several times and I see many more visits in the future. The kids love the soft sand beach and dunes. We love that they can run, play, and meander freely. And, as the above video hopefully expresses - with the right assortment of Arabic foods, we have found the perfect place to picnic and spend a lazy afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just watched your video with the kids. We felt like we were on vacation with you. What a beautiful video and a beautiful place. I hope that you are all doing well and are feeling acclimated now.
ReplyDelete