Sunday, November 3, 2013

Let's Get Real

The last few posts of Musafareen have shown some of our weekend adventures, and indeed the whole blog does make our time in Oman look like one giant vacation. I remarked about this one day to my family and said I needed a picture of me at  my desk typing away, with my half eaten lunch, and last bit of the morning's coffee (now cold) sitting on the desk (never quite get a chance to finish it) because that is what a lot of my days look like!  And given the non-stop pace of work and some tough staffing gaps at my office, our last year here has been pretty challenging (ok, let's just say HARD) professionally.

One weekend we had an urgent project and we worked out of my boss' house, and voila, I got a picture of me actually working.  While it appears that the fine young Marine and I are consulting on the substance of my work, he is actually helping me figure out how to hack into the laptop because I couldn't get to Word (thus my grimace).  One of his buddies took the picture for me, and I think he said something like "Ok you two, try to look important!" before he snapped the photo. 
 So thank you U.S. Marines for helping me finally get my picture!


"So, is the password really "password?"

4 comments:

  1. You do look really important in that picture - and I'm sorry to hear that the last year has been hard professionally. That can't have made for an easy transition for you, bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is ok! You need to have a pic of your work anyway! Hopefully next time someone will take a candid photo of you!!
    We know how hard you work, I hope that even if it is very hard you enjoy it!
    Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have this image of a grand vacation that you're having. The photos of the landscape are just so spectacular.

    ReplyDelete