We had a long weekend to observe the Muslim holiday of Eid Al Fitr, which literally means "festivity of breaking the fast." It marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan, when observant Muslims fast from dawn until sundown. It is the biggest holiday so there is lots of gatherings with family and friends and everything shuts down for a whole week.
We took advantage of our time off to return to the Barr Al Jissah resort on the coast 35 minutes from our house. We really enjoyed playing with the boys in the pool, the "lazy river" that imitates a desert oasis, and the lovely beach of course. We saw lots of fish and I am fairly confident I saw a sea otter. What else bobs up above the water and has whiskers?! We also took some kayaks out and paddled around to admire the beautiful cove. That was the highlight for me and I had one of my "foreign service moments" where I am thinking to myself, "this is so crazy cool, am I really doing this?" You will see the pictures below and understand my reaction. So enjoy the photos; they are meant to be for recruiting purposes - for you to come visit us!
 |
| My boys taking a stroll before dinner - note Muslim ladies in their swim attire - appropriate and functional. |
 |
| Waiting for a camel ride and looking very cute |
 |
| Two ladies with very different wardrobe choices |
 |
| Under the special tent for Eid Al Fitr celebrations |
 |
| Cruising down the "lazy river," despite capsizing ... |
Short video of the lazy river.
 |
| Clear, sparkling water, just right for a swim! |
 |
| Waiting for Mom to paddle home |
OMG! it is soooo beautiful in the background there! Love the pictures guys!
ReplyDeleteHi Emma and Hannah here! The pictures were very nice! We all love them :)
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys!
DeletePeter looks like Eddy! I had to do a double take and make sure it was Peter! When we come, I want to go there. Eating under tent, lazy river for the kids and canoeing with my husband. Deal?
ReplyDeleteDeal!
Delete